The babies are in BIG GIRL BEDS!!! So, technically I suppose this is their first picture together. As you can imagine, I was overjoyed! Now I can reach right in and grab those precious girls and love them all over whenever I want to!! And even better news, Abby had been off the oxygen and on room air for 2 hours at this point (and still was when I called this evening at 10:00 p.m.). Again, another huge day for the girls. I couldn't resist sending Daddy some pictures and he got so excited he left work immediately and took his lunch hour to come and see for himself. The girls were thrilled (all of us!). So NOW Here it is....the one I am counting as the FIRST OFFICIAL PICTURE OF THE GIRLS TOGETHER!!! (or at least in the same shot)
As far as weight gain, they both stayed pretty much the same. Now that they are out of the isolettes, they need to keep their temperatures up, which burns some calories, so little or no weight gain at first is to be expected. That is also why the girls are wearing their cute little caps...it helps to keep them warm. They both did great on their bottles today as well. So here are some pictures of our great day.First I want to share with you a picture of Lonny with Scott, one of our developmental coaches who helped us learn how to feed the babies. He has been so helpful and says such wonderful things about us as parents, it makes us feel like maybe we have half a clue after all about these girls! Mostly he compliments Lonny on being such a great hands on dad. Sadly, you don't see very many dads in the NICU, let alone one who comes every single day and jumps right in and changes diapers, brushes hair and helps his daughters learn how to drink from a bottle. I could not agree with Scott more....Lonny is an incredible father!

Abby, snug as a bug...

Ella has learned her sister's trick and closes her eyes for the camera today. But she and her sister sure look cute in their jaunty hats!

Abby, so happy to be off the oxygen....let's hope and pray she can stay off it!

Our Abba-Girl

And Ella Bella
What a fantastic day!
I am SO EXCITED for everyone. Way to go girls! At my twin group yesterday, a friend had her twins 9 weeks early and I was telling her about Abby and Ella and their bottle accomplishments. She was shocked that they were this far along at only 3 1/2 weeks. Feeding and anemia were her twins' struggles. Abby and Ella will be home in no time! I sure wish I could be there :)
ReplyDeleteThey are sooo cute! You guys ARE great parents, keep up the good work and those girls will be home in no time!
ReplyDeleteAmy, I love that last picture of you and Ella she totally looks like she is smiling! I pray that there are even more happy days to come. :)
ReplyDelete