Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fingers Crossed

that we will have some really BIG news either tomorrow or Saturday. I don't want to jinx it...so I will remain mum for now (though you may be able to guess....). Just know that there has been a flurry of activity the last few days...getting last minute shopping done, watching required videos, blah blah blah. Moving right down the old check list.

Abby today weighs 4 lbs 5 oz and is on (drum roll please....) Step 4!!! She is completely free of the feeding tube (now you can really see her beautiful face, pictures coming) and is waking up on her own for the bots. She apparently had a record breaker burp this morning that was so loud, she startled herself, then drank 15 more mils after that! Scott saw her this morning and kept shaking his head and saying how blown away he is by Abby. He told her she was a beautiful person and was rewarded with a big old goofy grin. Abby smiled too.

Ella is right where she should be for a 35 1/2 week old cutie. She still worries a lot but is drinking what she should be. We would love to see her pull forward a little bit but are being assured that what she is doing is perfect. She weighs in at 4 lbs 9 oz, so she is doing something right! I am just getting concerned she is enjoying the accommodations a little too much (and expensive ones they are!) and won't want to come home. After all, she has a "staff" attending to her every need. Here at home, she has just us and a curious Scottie dog. She is still my little beauty queen and makes the cutest sounds and faces. She is so stinkin' darling and girlie!

Some of you have asked about me...thanks! I am doing pretty good. The blood pressure sitch has fixed itself as well as ankle swelling etc. I continue to struggle with my feet. I have officially been diagnosed with plantar's fasciitis and neuromas. Those are just fancy ways of saying that my tootsies are seriously messed up. It is a VERY painful situation and I would appreciate all the prayers you can send my way. The doctor has me working on a conservative treatment at this point...I have inserts in my shoes that will hopefully correct the problem. I also have to ice my feet every night (love that in 5 degree weather!) and have to be off my feet as much as possible. I can't do any serious walking (good thing I got new front loaders for Christmas instead of the treadmill - good choice Lon!) no running, dancing (dang I want to try Zumba!) , etc. The only form of exercise I can do is swim (just what you want to do in the dead of winter and excuse me, but doesn't that involve the wearing of a BATHING SUIT?) I can try cycling but will have to find a way to get up and go to spin at 5:30 a.m. with twins at home. Meh, we'll wait a while on that one. And yes, it also means none of my cute "stupid" shoes - I have to learn to have a relationship with flats. I am NOT amused. It is a long healing process and a real drag. I have to exercise patience, not my strong suit (and one I have already have had to exercise with the NICU), but hopefully will be able to avoid having to have injections in my feet or heaven forbid, surgery.

Other than that, I am feeling so grateful and so in love with my kids. We have truly been blessed. Connor has been so good, considering everything that is going on. And my beautiful girls are doing their very best to be home. It will be very soon now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers that it means what I'm hoping it means! :) Prayers, prayers, and more prayers are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma had a great time tonight. It was really a thrill to FINALLY get to hold one of the babies. It was Ella and she was a perfect angel. Maybe tomorrow I can hold Abby. They both slept thru my visit but that's okay, They are so gorgeous and it's easy to tell they are putting on a few ounces and they don't even care! Wait about 15 years, then they will care about every ounce.
    Love you girls! Your proud Grandma.

    ReplyDelete