Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas with our Kids

Oh, how I love to say "kids"...plural!

Unfortunately, we had to spend our Christmas with our children apart....Connor at home, the babies in the NICU. How I cried! But I just kept thinking how next year will be sooo different!

The babies had a special visit from not only Mommy and Daddy, but SANTA! We were so lucky to have been there and that we had the babies out. Most babies had just pictures of Santa next to their isolettes! We brought the girls their stockings and hung them by their little beds and each girl got her own Teddi Bear...Ella's is ballerina and Abby's is a princess (descriptions provided by Connor). We got to snuggle them and then had to kiss them goodbye...how hard that was. I pray for the day that they are healthy and strong enough to come home. There is a big chunk of my heart that gets left behind every time I leave...and lots of tears too. They are making progress every single day though. Ella is more beautiful every time I see her and her facial expressions are just adorable!! And Abby, I can't even think about Miss Abby without my heart bursting with pride. She is beautiful and plucky and I am saying it now folks (because NO mother has ever felt this way, I'm sure), I believe with all my heart she is going to change the world!



Connor with some of the loot which included "Happy Feet" - his Penguin Pillow Pet, his art easel (also with smock and tons of arts supplies) and his Smart Cycle!




Mommy with Baby Ella and a special guest to the NICU.....Santa Claus!



Daddy with Abby and the Jolly Fat Guy

So grateful for all three incredible miracles. Because of them my life will never be the same again. I love you my darlings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment