Thursday, December 23, 2010

32 Gestational Weeks

Good day today...Abby looking much better!

The Nurse Practitioner decided to do some blood work on Abby, because she was needing additional help. All of her tests came back negative (which is positive)! She does appear to have a little virus (not uncommon in the NICU) but she seems to be fighting it off just fine. She still needs a little help oxygen wise, and they kept her at her same feeding level just so she doesn't have to work so hard while she is taking care of virus business. Abby did show a little of her old feisty today...she crawled right out of her little papoose! I think she will be back to herself in no time.

The best news of all is that she had a 40 gram weight gain and is now, 3 lbs even steven!! Hurray Abby! That is over her birth weight and an all time high!

Ells continues to be a stinker with her NG tube. In fact, when we walked in this afternoon, she had just taken it out and waved it all over her isolette, so the nurses were changing her bedding. She apparently thinks this is great fun. Ramona was back today, and said that Ella was practically trying to eat her own hand. She feels that Ella may be ready to try a bottle even though she is a smidge too young. She has proposed it to the higher ups, so we'll see. If not now, she is only about a week or two away from being able to give it a try. She was as bright eyed as can be today. We think she likes to have a little fun with Ramona, who gives her massages, reads to her and sings to her. Ramona is one fun nurse!

Ella had a 10 gram gain today which puts her at a little over 3 - 3 1/2 lbs - another all time high!

They are at 32 gestational weeks today...

I have to say that I miss them being inside me. I still feel little phantom kicks from time to time. It all happened so fast, I didn't get a chance to feel "today is my last day of being pregnant". It makes me a little sad....especially that I couldn't keep them in longer. But at least I get to hold them, if only for a little while. I keep telling myself how wonderful next Christmas will be...three children running around the house, two high pitched little girl squeals. I am so grateful that I have gotten to experience the miracle of motherhood - being Connor's mom as well as the girls....and my new mantra...every day is a miracle, every day is a victory!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool blog. Thank you so much for keeping us uptodate. I love these pictures with mommy and daddy. Kangaroos never looked so cool. I love the santa hats too. Prayers continue. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete