Abby went on a little oxygen assistance today. She is the same as her sister, on half a liter of just flow, but still breathing room air. The reason is the girls upped their calories to a whopping 24 (Abby is clearly competitive and trying to stay even with her sister)!! It is not an unusual situation, nor is it indicative of any sort of problem. Sometimes when the preemies up their food intake, they are working so hard to get the nourishment in them they forget to breathe. There is an awful lot for them to remember! Not to worry, Daddy and Abby had a nice little chat about it tonight during Kangaroo Care. She gained 20 grams since last night. This puts her right back at her birth weight of 2 lbs 14 oz. Hopefully, it's all up from here!
Ella has gained a whopping 40 grams since last night! This puts her at 3 lbs 2 oz, almost back to birth weight. She is doing great! She finds great comfort in putting her tiny hands on her face. We used to see her do this on the ultrasounds too. She and I had a lovely visit this afternoon. She makes the cutest little noises and as I stated before, she loves to snuggle.
The girls received the most adorable little hats in the mail today. My drummer Rob and his wife sent them, and I am sure someone made them. They are so small and adorable, yet still so very big for my little girls, that I couldn't help but burst into tears. I cannot wait for the day that they can wear them. I also ordered their personalized Christmas stockings today so that we will be ready to celebrate our extra Christmas when they come home to us at last.
I am still struggling with my blood pressure. I went in for a routine check by the nurses today and it was through the roof! The doctor came in and talked to me and decided to adjust my meds. I am hoping it starts to make a difference very soon. My blood pressure is making my blood pressure go up! I was admonished that I am not getting enough rest and was reminded that I just had major surgery. So looks like I have to try and slow down. This will not be easy for me. Please keep me in your prayers, if you would. It has me a little worried, to say the least!
No comments:
Post a Comment