The girls had very special visitors today....their cousins Cassandra and John! They came and spent about an hour with the girls - they watched me do cares for both of them. It is so wonderful to have family come and visit them...these babies need to know they have a great big family filled with people who love them! I am very grateful for the visit!
Then Daddy came and we did Kangaroo Care. Today I had Abby and I had the most terrible time letting her go. It was very hard to leave them knowing tonight is Christmas Eve. I miss my babies so much when I am not with them...but I love being with Connor and making cookies for Santa, setting out carrots for the reindeer and all of the other lovely Christmas Eve things that we do. All I can do is just tell myself that next year will be totally different.
To brighten my day a bit, in the mail today, we received the personalized stockings for the girls. We hung them up with ours over the fireplace, stood back and marveled at the size of our family now. It was a pretty emotional moment for both of us, I will tell you that.
Tonight the girls are doing great (they must know that Santa is coming!)....Abby had a great weight gain....she is now 3 lbs 1 oz - a whole ounce in a day! Ella was about at 3lbs or so last night (it is hard to get a precise weight sometimes because it is in grams) and tonight she is at 3lbs, 4oz!!! Way to go little ladies!
Connor, Abby and Ella....the greatest gifts I have ever been given. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment