Sunday, December 19, 2010

One Week Old!

I can't believe it has been a week since all the excitement!

I finally got to come home on Friday. They kept me an extra day because of my blood pressure. I am taking medication now and hoping it soon comes down on it's own. Leaving those babies at the hospital though? One of the hardest things I have ever done. It gives me a little pain in my heart every time I have to do it.

That being said, I bawled like a baby when I got home. My house may not be the house of my dreams or a big old mansion, but it is home. I was so happy to be here. There truly is no place like home.

Enough about me you say? Let's hear about the girls? Well alrighty then....

Both of the babies are doing great. They continue to thrive and impress everyone with their progress. Everyone says what pretty babies they are and I have to agree!
They are both being fed through nose tubes and probably will be until 34 weeks or so. They both lost weight, as all babies do, but are both just 2 ounces shy of their birth weights! And they both will steal your heart the second you lay eyes on them.


Miss Abby wouldn't open her eyes for her week old picture for NOTHIN! That's okay...she was a sleepy little angel and when they sleep, they do their best growing! Abby is still spunky, though a little less feisty once they started the nose tube feeding. She is ready to eat from a bottle...heck, she would eat off a PLATE if they let her. she is already at 19 milliliters. She is my over achiever (I called that one from the womb, if you remember) and is so cute. She LOVES having her hair brushed. Little Princess Abby.....that's my baby!

Bright eyed Miss Ella, is almost completely off the oxygen assistance. They are weening her slowly which is fine...we've nothing but time! She perks up at the sound of my voice and bats her eyes at her Daddy....as if she didn't already have him wrapped around her finger! She is up to 22 milliliters of food. Ella is already showing signs of being my girlie girlie, she loves to wear bows! Abby will tug at hers, while Ella will wear the same one for days!! My little Beauty Queen, that's my Ella!
We have established a visiting schedule and the Ward and our family have stepped up and offered to take Connor for a couple of hours on week-ends so we can see the girls and have our Kangaroo Care time. I am hoping they will be home by the end of January, and I will NOT take the Christmas tree down until they are here. I am so proud of them for all the fight in them and for being determined, strong little ladies. I am so proud of Connor, this has been so hard on him and he can't even see the babies...he will be such a great big brother and has so much love in his little heart. And of my amazing husband, who spent so much time with me at the hospital while taking care of things at home. My heart is so full of love, I had no idea I was capable of this much love! And it just keeps growing....I'm afraid it will burst.

No comments:

Post a Comment