Tuesday, December 28, 2010

She Did it!

Ella had what the developmental tech called the "perfect experience" with her bottle today and I couldn't have described it better myself! First time out of the shoot! She did sooooo good and it was one of the sweetest moments I have ever experienced in my life.

Best part was I got to hold her in my lap. She started with just her binky and the tech putting some formula in a syringe and squeezing it in to the side of Ella's mouth. You could tell right a way she loved it. She managed to get 6 CCs in her (No spitting up!) and then she got really tired. This happens with preemies, it is a lot of work to drink from a bottle and they burn a lot of calories doing it. Before she conked out, and I mean conked OUT, she gave me a couple of happy, sleepy smiles (I am not making that up, the nurse and the tech both saw it and commented on it, so that's not just a proud mommy talking). She certainly knows her mama and her mama's voice. She will try just once a day for the next couple of days then they will see if she is ready to go twice a day on Friday. Daddy gets to feed her on Thursday and I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment